Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients5 h servings 838
Original recipe yields 8 servings (4 sandwiches)
- Combine coleslaw mix, pepperoncini peppers, red onion, mayonnaise, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon granulated garlic, Dijon mustard, white sugar, salt, 1/2 teaspoon granulated onion, and lemon pepper in a large bowl. Toss until well combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Combine kosher salt, black pepper, 2 tablespoons granulated garlic, 2 tablespoons granulated onion, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper, nutmeg, allspice, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Place pork shoulder in a large roasting pan. Rub with 1/4 cup molasses on all sides and between any crevices. Sprinkle with kosher salt seasoning mixture and rub over all sides.
- Cover pan tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil and roast pork in the preheated oven until tender and a thermometer inserted reaches 200 degrees F (95 degrees C), 3 to 4 hours. Transfer pork to a cutting board, reserving pan juice, and allow to cool slightly before pulling. Using two forks, shred the pork shoulder into bite-size pieces. Transfer meat to a large bowl and toss with some of the pan juices to keep it moist.
- Pour reserved pan juices into a large pot over medium heat. Add barbeque sauce, coffee, 1 tablespoon molasses, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, dry mustard, and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat, and cook for 15 minutes. Add shredded pork and stir until warm, about 5 minutes.
- Fill each hoagie bun with pork mixture. Top with 1 to 2 cups coleslaw. Garnish with 1 tablespoon onion and 1 tablespoon jalapeno.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the pork rub ingredients. The actual amount of sodium consumed will vary.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 838 calories; 34.7 100.1 31.2 97 3479 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This recipe has too many ingredients, is too over powering with the spices an is too sweet. I'm afraid that I wont be making this again.