Quinoa Crust Quiche
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 280
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9-inch pie dish with butter.
- Cook and stir mushrooms in a dry skillet over medium heat until soft and mushrooms have released their liquid, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Whisk eggs and half-and-half together in a bowl and stir in broccoli, Cheddar cheese, green onions, garlic salt, and cooked mushrooms. Refrigerate filling.
- Mix quinoa flour and butter in a bowl until mixture forms small clumps; stir water into quinoa mixture until dough comes together. If dough is too dry, add more water, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, until dough holds together. Press dough into prepared pie dish to form a crust; pour filling into crust.
- Bake quiche in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- A better quality quiche crust is pre-baked for 10 minutes when the egg mixture is still in the fridge. Use a 16-ounce bag of dried, uncooked beans (recommended); or a small plate or saucer is used to hold the crust down when pre-baking. Remove the warm beans or plate after they've cooled down a bit before adding the egg mixture, though!
Per Serving: 280 calories; 18.6 16.2 12.8 199 306 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Just followed this recipe and I am not a baker and have only made 1 crust from scratch 20 years ago but I like a good challenge. Also I am gluten intolerant, could not locate the Quinoa flour at...
Aside from having to cook it for twice as long as the recipe called for, and the crust still winding up seemingly uncooked under the egg mixture, and the egg mixture itself being undercooked in ...