Lemon, Garlic, and Asparagus Warm Caprese Pasta Salad
Ingredients40 m servings 446 cals
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a boil. Stir in penne and return to a boil. Cook pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but still firm to the bite, about 11 minutes; drain.
- Place asparagus into a saucepan, add a little water, and place over medium heat; cover pan and let asparagus steam until bright green and tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain.
- Heat olive oil with butter and lemon juice in a large saucepan over medium-low heat until butter melts; cook and stir shallot in hot oil and butter mixture until it just begins to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir garlic into shallot mixture and cook until shallot and garlic are opaque, 3 more minutes. Stir asparagus and chicken into mixture; cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Toss pasta with chicken and vegetables to combine; mix tomato and basil into salad and serve warm.
- Cook's Note:
- There are so many options with this dish. Many vegetables would taste fantastic added to the mix; broccoli would be awesome. I'd love to hear the different combinations you come up with.
Per Serving: 446 calories; 17.6 g fat; 60 g carbohydrates; 15 g protein; 23 mg cholesterol; 54 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
Delicious! Very bright and colorful dish (see photo). The only thing I did differently was to add some chunks of mozzarella to bring it closer to a real caprese recipe. It would be just as good ...
It was very good! I did add cubed mozzarella like another reviewer suggested. I added sausage instead of chicken.
I subbed the chicken breast for chicken,spinach and asiago sausages, fried and chopped, I used the tiny tomatoes, halved, bc it's what I had, and I didn't have any asparagus (refuse to buy it, t...
I made this recipe using the guidance from other reviewers, so included fresh mozzarella and reduced the amount of pasta per serving. I increased the amount of tomato and given that it is wint...
I loved this recipe! I made it as written and would definitely make this again. I would use a little less pasta and more asparagus. The flavors were perfect!!
Changed a few things , I made it with spaghetti instead..roasted the tomatoes and asparagas...it adds another level of flavor.. Used 2 shallots 5 cloves of garlic and marinated the chicken in le...
This was very good. I was limited by the ingredients I had on hand, and this made a nice base to work from. I was out of butter, so I used Coconut oil along with lemon juice as written. I had...
Used 1 1/2 pkg of Purdue short cut Chicken- tossed them in at the end to heat up and ate as a pasta meal. Thought it needed more seasoning so next time will add more basil, tomatoes and some re...