Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Manicotti
"This stuffing can be used in anything you want to stuff. I have even simply mixed in a 2 to 3-pound meatloaf to add some veggies to it, and it worked great! Made a very moist meatloaf, and the kids loved it! They also like eating the stuffing plain; I had to chase them away so I would have enough left for the noodles!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 457
Original recipe yields 16 servings (2 9x13-inch baking dishes)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Divide mozzarella cheese into 3 portions.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook manicotti in boiling water, stirring occasionally until softened slightly but still firm, about 7 minutes. Drain and rest in a bowl of cold water.
- Combine spinach, Alfredo sauce, Parmesan cheese, and 1 portion mozzarella cheese in a large bowl; mix well and season with salt and pepper. Spoon fill mixture into each manicotti shell. Divide stuffed shells evenly between two 9x13-inch baking dishes. Pour 1 jar spaghetti sauce over each baking dish and sprinkle with equal portions mozzarella cheese. Cover both baking dishes with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly, about 45 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can bake one pan and freeze one pan for later, if you choose.
Per Serving: 457 calories; 23.8 34.8 27.5 61 1115 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
i made it but i exchanged the Alfredo sauce with Ricoitta cheese and added crumbled bacon. I also cut the ingredients in half. So so good!