Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 202 cals
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Prepare 12 muffin cups with cooking spray or line with paper liners and prepare the liners with cooking spray.
- Put squash into a roasting pan with cut sides down. Pour enough water into pan to fill 1/2-inch deep.
- Roast squash in preheated oven until flesh is easily pierced through with a fork, about 45 minutes. Remove roasting pan and reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Scoop hot squash into a large bowl and mash until no large chunks remain. Stir sugar and butter into the squash.
- Whisk flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and salt together in a bowl.
- Beat eggs, milk, sour cream, and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl. Stirring constantly, add a spoonful of squash mixture into the egg mixture to temper it before adding egg mixture to the squash mixture; stir.
- Fold flour mixture into the squash mixture until just incorporated; spoon into muffin tins. Top each with a pecan half.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 12 to 15 minutes.
Per Serving: 202 calories; 5.8 g fat; 35.1 g carbohydrates; 4.2 g protein; 40 mg cholesterol; 192 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Butternut Squash comes in different sizes so it makes this recipe a little difficult to review. I ended up using 2 cups of cooked squash that was freshly picked from the garden. As with the pr...
I baked muffins for over an hour and they didnt cook, the inside was raw. I let them in the oven on 350f until burned. Didnt rise. Tasted the top and was good flavor.