Ingredients2 h servings 260
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a saucepan; add wild rice. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, 55 minutes. Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Mix mushroom soup, chicken, carrot, onion, and red pepper flakes in a bowl; fold in wild rice.
- Arrange red bell pepper halves in the prepared casserole dish. Fill each half with chicken-rice filling. Cover casserole dish loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until filling is heated through and bubbling, about 45 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- If all the liquid is not absorbed by wild rice, add 1/2 cup instant rice, cover, and bring to a boil; remove from heat and let sit 5 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
Per Serving: 260 calories; 9.2 28.3 16.3 30 1000 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This is a winner! Absolutely Delish!My only changes were to omit the carrots and add some fresh garlic and herbs and the last few minuts of baking i melted some shredded Mozzerella cheese on top...
Made it as described and it was excellent. I think this is my favorite new stuffed pepper recipe. Very flavorful, the red pepper flakes add just the right amount of heat. Other stuffed pepper...
I also add some mozzarella cheese, not only to the mixture but also on top. I used 1 red, 1 yellow, and 1 orange pepper. It was awesome! My bf really liked it too, that says a lot!!
I used extra carrot, extra cream of mushroom, cayenne instead of red pepper & added some cheese at the end of cook time. Pretty good