Wolf's Light Irish Cream
Bruce "Werewolf" McLaren
"This end product is a little lighter, and the recipe is a little more in-depth then some of the other recipes available. It will allow you to tailor some of the ingredients more to your taste. There have been many variations of this liqueur, but this one is the most accurate to store brands of Irish cream. It is also the most flexible. Store brands do not use Hershey's® chocolate syrup in their recipe. This one should have a better consistency and taste a little more proper to the famous brand 'B' from Ireland if followed directly. You be the judge."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 74 cals
Original recipe yields 30 servings (4 -1/2 cups)
- Stir sugar, 2 1/2 teaspoons water, cocoa powder, and salt in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar and salt. Let cool and stir in 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Whisk confectioners' sugar, both amounts of dry milk powder, and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan, bring to a boil, and reduce heat to low. Simmer mixture until smooth and thick, stirring often, 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside to cool and stir cream of coconut into milk mixture.
- Combine chocolate syrup, milk mixture, Irish whiskey, half-and-half, instant coffee, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and almond extract in a blender; blend on high speed for 30 seconds. Bottle mixture and refrigerate. Liqueur will stay fresh in refrigerator at least 2 months. Shake bottle well before serving.
- Cook's Notes:
- Original recipe for chocolate syrup: 1 cup white sugar 1 cup water 1/2 cup cocoa powder 1 pinch salt 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Combine white sugar, water, cocoa powder, and salt in a saucepan, bring to a boil, and boil for 1 minute. Let cool and stir vanilla extract into mixture. Use 2 tablespoons of syrup for recipe.
- Add the cream of coconut after the dry milk mixture has cooled if you so choose. It is not part of the original recipe but does add a nice touch of flavor.
Per Serving: 74 calories; 1.1 g fat; 6.3 g carbohydrates; 1.8 g protein; 4 mg cholesterol; 33 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1