Ingredients2 h 50 m servings 411
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease 2 9-inch round pans.
- Combine dry cake mix and gelatin powder in a large bowl; add 1 package raspberries with juice, eggs, vegetable oil, and hot water. Beat mixture thoroughly; divide batter between prepared round pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 28 to 35 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Fold 1 package thawed frozen raspberries through whipped topping in a bowl; spread about half the frosting evenly over 1 cake, place other cake atop the frosted cake, and frost with remaining frosting. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Top frosted cake with halved strawberries along outer edge and with raspberries in a circular pattern in the middle. Place blackberry in center of cake.
- Cook's Notes:
- This recipe can also be made in a larger rectangular dish and just frosted on the top, making it great for potlucks, cookouts, camping and any other group gathering where a standard cake doesn't work out so well. Just up oven to 350 degrees F and bake for 30-35 minutes instead.
- Let cake cool completely before frosting. I put the cake pans in the freezer for half an hour to speed the cooling process. If you do this, set a timer so you don't freeze the cakes solid.
Per Serving: 411 calories; 22.2 48.9 5.6 62 312 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This is a very solid recipe. I made the cake in the spirit of the recipe, but did not follow exactly as written. Cake batter was done per the recipe - I did line my cake pans with parchment to ...
My first cake baking experience was excellent with this recipe. I focused on the batter portion and made the Easy Cream Cheese frosting that I found in Allrecipes. I added fresh raspberries at e...