Rice Pudding with Lemon Juice and Caramelized Onion (Egyptian Kishk)
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 284 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat broth in a saucepan over medium heat; add rice and simmer until rice is slightly tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Heat butter and oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook onions in the hot butter-oil mixture, stirring constantly, until onions are golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Reserve about 1 tablespoon caramelized onions for garnish; spoon the remaining caramelized onions into the simmering broth.
- Mix yogurt, lemon juice, and salt in a bowl; whisk flour into yogurt mixture until smooth. Blend yogurt mixture and 1 cup broth (free of onion and rice) in a blender until smooth.
- Pour blended yogurt mixture into simmering broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until flavors have blended, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Garnish with reserved caramelized onion and toasted pine nuts.
Per Serving: 284 calories; 22.9 g fat; 16.7 g carbohydrates; 4.2 g protein; 10 mg cholesterol; 53 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1