Ingredients9 h 15 m servings 449 cals
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Mix salt, black pepper, paprika, basil, oregano, garlic powder, and onion powder in a bowl; rub spice mixture over brisket.
- Arrange onion rings in the bottom of a roasting pan; lay brisket, fat-side up, atop onions. Scatter bay leaves around brisket. Pour beer over brisket. Cover roasting pan with an oven-proof lid or aluminum foil.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 8 hours. An instant-read thermometer should read an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (65 degrees C). Remove from oven and let rest for 1 hour before slicing.
- Cook's Note:
- Refrigerate cooked brisket for 8 hours and skim fat that has risen to the top if desired. At this point, you can slice brisket and reheat.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 449 calories; 31.5 g fat; 8.9 g carbohydrates; 24.6 g protein; 93 mg cholesterol; 937 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Josie, this was a very good rub and process to prepare the brisket. I knew going into this I did not want to boil the brisket in a pot of water. The brisket was so tender and juicy, there was ba...
This recipe turned out really well. I followed everything, except I used fresh garlic and onions instead of the powders for the rub. My only complaint is that the final drippings were quite bi...
Made exactly as written and this turned out very good. The only disappointment I had was in the texture. Don't get me wrong it was super tender but I like it with a little more texture where you...
Results were inedible. My oven is partially to blame (it was recently repaired and now it runs much hotter than it used to, so the roast was overcooked), but even if the roast weren't overdone t...