Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 617 cals
- Carrot Cake: Soak carrots and raisins in 1 cup HOT tap water, allow to stand for 5 mins. Drain and squeeze out excess water from carrots and raisins.
- In mixing bowl add dry mix, 2 eggs, 1/4 cup oil. Add well drained carrots, raisins and pineapple. Add coconut and walnuts. Mix well by hand. Spread 2 cups of carrot cake on bottom of a greased 9-9 1/2" springform pan. Reserve remaining carrot cake.
- Cheesecake: In large bowl beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Beat in eggs.
- Spread 1/2 of the cheesecake batter on top of the carrot cake. Spoon on remaining carrot cake and top with remaining cheese cake batter. Do not marble with knife.
- Bake in a 350 degrees F preheated oven for 50-60 mins or until cake is set and cooked through.
- Cool to room temperature. When cake is cooled frost with Pineapple Cream Cheese frosting. Or top with Duncan Hines Cream Cheese Frosting. Refrigerate for 3 hours and serve chilled.
- Beat Cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and pineapple juice until smooth. Beat in powder sugar until smooth. Frost top of cheesecake.
Per Serving: 617 calories; 30.8 g fat; 78.9 g carbohydrates; 8.5 g protein; 117 mg cholesterol; 431 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I also think it is missing how many carrots and raisins you should put in the hot water. Maybe I'm just missing it or we should wing it?? I definitely use a recipe and am not a great cook so w...
This recipes is missing the sugar for the cheesecake filling. It should have 3/4 cup of sugar for the filling. Also the middle layer of cake batter can be difficult to spread over the cheesecake...
For those people concerned about 'missing carrots and raisins' those are contained in the packaged mix. They are in a separate pack that you soak in the hot water. I made the pineapple frosting ...