Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 25 m servings 772
Original recipe yields 24 servings (1 15-pound ham)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Trim excess fat from ham, leaving 1/4-inch layer of fat. Score fat in a diamond pattern using a sharp knife. Place ham on a rack in a large roasting pan and pour cola in pan, reserving about 1/4 cup for the glaze. Season ham with allspice and salt.
- Bake in preheated oven, basting every 15 minutes with pan juices, for 1 hour.
- Combine strawberry jam, brown sugar, and apple brandy in a saucepan over low heat; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat and stir reserved cherry cola into the glaze; brush onto ham to coat.
- Return ham to oven to continue cooking, brushing with the glaze 2 to 3 times more as it cooks, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads 140 degrees F (60 degrees C), 30 to 45 minutes more. Tent ham loosely with aluminum foil and set aside for 30 minutes before carving.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Check internal temperature of ham after first removal; if ham has started to brown, glaze once, cover with foil, and glaze only once more. The glaze will induce the browning.
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the glaze ingredients. The actual amount of the glaze consumed will vary.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 772 calories; 52.6 19.2 52.5 159 3694 Full nutrition