Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 562 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Heat a large skillet over high heat; add butter, beef cubes, sweet potato, carrots, red potatoes, and yellow onion to the hot skillet. Sprinkle meat and vegetables with 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and black pepper. Cook and stir until meat is browned on all sides, about 10 minutes. Transfer meat and vegetables to a 1-quart baking dish.
- Whisk beer, brown gravy mix, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, thyme, and black pepper together in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low, and cook, whisking constantly, until sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes. Pour sauce over meat and vegetables.
- Trim puff pastry to fit top of baking dish and cover dish with pastry.
- Bake in the preheated oven until puff pastry is deep golden brown and filling is bubbly, 45 to 50 minutes.
Per Serving: 562 calories; 33.2 g fat; 48.8 g carbohydrates; 13.6 g protein; 34 mg cholesterol; 486 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Loved it. Substituted sirloin for the beef, which was too lean. Next time I will stick to a more stew-like cut.
I had to use a pie crust instead of puff pastry. Still turned out great!