Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 380
Original recipe yields 16 servings (2 9-inch pies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Fit crusts into bottoms of 2 9-inch pie dishes.
- Cook and stir ham and pepperoni in a skillet over medium heat until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain grease and set ham and pepperoni aside to cool.
- Stir ricotta cheese, Romano cheese, eggs, parsley, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl until well mixed. Add ham and pepperoni to the mixture and stir to combine. Pour half the filling into each pie crust.
- Bake pies in the preheated oven until filling is set and lightly browned, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- This recipe makes 2 large pies or 3 small pies. When I make this recipe, I omit the pepperoni and use 1.5 pounds of low-sodium ham. Since the ham I use is low-sodium, I do not cook it to remove any salt. Regarding the use of salt, pepper, and parsley in the recipe, go easy on the salt since there is salt in the ham, pepperoni and romano cheese. You can always add a dash of salt to your slice prior to eating if you prefer more. Also, the pepper and parsley should be judged by eye. You don't want too much pepper, but enough to see it dispersed throughout. You can be more liberal on the use of the parsley. It is up to you and your tastes.
Per Serving: 380 calories; 25.1 15.2 22.6 125 777 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Love it! But I'm partial because this is what Grandma always made!