Spiced Pumpkin Bread
Ingredients1 h servings 247
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix white sugar, brown sugar, and melted butter together in a large bowl. Stir in eggs and vanilla extract; mix in pumpkin until thoroughly combined.
- Whisk flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cloves, and salt together in a separate bowl. Mix flour mixture into pumpkin mixture until incorporated. Pour batter into three 5x9-inch loaf pans. Smooth batter evenly in each pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the middle of each loaf comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- If you desire, you can combine 1 tablespoon white sugar and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon to sprinkle on top of the loaves before baking.
Per Serving: 247 calories; 8.4 40.7 3.1 36 394 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
Moist and rich but could have been a bit sweeter and needs more spices. I also used ginger which is not included in the original recipe.
The first time I made this, I didn't have enough flour even though I halved the recipe so I used a cup of complete buttermilk pancake mix. I also made a really big loaf because I don't have smal...
The only issue I had with this recipe is how it fit into three loaf pans. I prepared three pans but when I dumped the batter I realized I barely had enough for two. So I baked it in two 9x5 me...
I have a spiced pumpkin bread recipe already, but like to try new ones...I made jumbo muffins as well as the 2 loaves, and must say this was a big hit!!! So now I have a NEW ?? recipe. Thank you...
Delicious Pumpkin bread! I will definitely make it again.
I made a different pumpkin bread yesterday but this one is better. I did not have 3 cups of pumpkin so I used what I had (2) and added 1 cup homemade chunky applesauce. I also added lots of sp...
Made for my wife (she loves pumpkin bread) and she won't let me make a different recipe.
Tasted like pumpkin with a few spices that didn't overwhelm the overall taste. Thumbs up for Jim.