Grilled Eggplant Stack with Greek Kasseri Cheese
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Serve these eggplant stacks as an elegant appetizer, for lunch, or even as a light dinner. There are many variations out there, most of them Italian-inspired. They usually include tomato sauce, basil, and provolone or mozzarella cheese. The Greek flavors in this version got great reviews from my family. The simple and healthy dish is a combination of classic Mediterranean ingredients such as eggplant, ripe tomatoes, oregano, mint, and Greek Kasseri cheese. Serve it with olives, hot pita bread, and maybe some Greek yogurt on the side."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 320
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Lightly sprinkle salt over eggplant slices and place in a colander until salt has drawn out excess moisture, about 30 minutes. Rinse eggplant slices and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Whisk olive oil, garlic, oregano, mint, and black pepper together in a bowl. Brush eggplant and tomato slices with oil mixture.
- Cook eggplant slices on the preheated grill until softened and show grill marks, 2 to 4 minutes. Cook tomatoes just until warmed, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 370 degrees F (188 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Assemble stacks on the prepared baking sheet starting with 1 eggplant slice on the bottom, 1 tomato slice atop the eggplant slice, and a layer of Kasseri cheese on top. Repeat 3 times ending with a generous sprinkling of Kasseri cheese. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and bubbling, 5 to 10 minutes.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of sodium for the salt used on the eggplant. The actual amount of salt consumed will vary.
- Cook's Note:
- A panini press can be used in place of a grill if desired. Spray with cooking spray before cooking eggplant.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 320 calories; 23.3 21.2 11 30 859 Full nutrition