Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 163 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 dozen muffins)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, 1/2 cup flaked coconut, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Beat the eggs in another large bowl until creamy. Add applesauce, coconut milk yogurt, skim milk, vegetable oil, and honey to eggs. Blend well.
- Stir flour mixture, dried mango, candied ginger, and honey into egg mixture just until blended. Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling about 3/4 of each cup. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons flaked coconut on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- The candied ginger is very sweet; therefore I don't like to add too much sugar or honey. If you don't like ginger, leave it out, they are still great. Just add another 2 tablespoons of brown sugar. My muffin cups are small, so I can get 12 muffins out of this recipe, but you can make them larger.
Per Serving: 163 calories; 6 g fat; 25.7 g carbohydrates; 3.3 g protein; 31 mg cholesterol; 240 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I noticed a few things when this recipe got edited. I used coconut yogurt not coconut milk yogurt. I didn't know this kind of yogurt existed! But it must be great too. Also in step 4 it says hon...