Chicken With Sweet and Sour Fig Sauce
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 385
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Remove figs from syrup; cut each fig into quarters. Reserve 1/4 cup of syrup.
- Heat water and sugar in a sauce pan over medium-high heat until sugar is dissolved and water begins to simmer. Reduce heat to medium; add white vinegar, red onions, yellow peppers, figs, and syrup. Return to a simmer and cook uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken breasts, one at a time, until browned and the meat is no longer pink inside, about 4 minutes per side. Remove from pan to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Mix cornstarch and water together in a small bowl. Add to fig sauce, stirring constantly until sauce is thickened.
- Serve chicken breasts topped with the fig sauce.
Per Serving: 385 calories; 9.2 53.7 23 59 52 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1