Summer Peach, Basil & Cheddar Muffins
Ingredients45 m servings 225 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- Mix peaches, basil, and 1 tablespoon brown sugar in a bowl; let sit until sugar dissolves, about 15 minutes.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. Mix 1 cup Cheddar cheese into flour mixture.
- Beat butter and 7 tablespoons brown sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, until just combined; gently fold in peaches. Mix flour mixture, a little at time, into peach mixture until batter is just combined.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese over batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- It is essential to use ripe, juicy peaches, otherwise you may need to add up to 1/4 cup of milk to the batter if mixture is too dry. You may substitute 2 cups of diced frozen peaches for the fresh peaches.
Per Serving: 225 calories; 12.4 g fat; 23.4 g carbohydrates; 5.7 g protein; 64 mg cholesterol; 355 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 17
I am the recipe submitter. Just a tip: you will need 1/2 cup brown sugar TOTAL for this recipe. When the recipe got published, Allrecipes decided to state it as 1 tbsp + 7 tbsp. You do not nee...
We just came home from an orchard in Michigan with about 20# of scrumptious peaches. This was one of the recipes I tried. I love unusual combinations and this was a hit! I had to use a combinati...
These were fantastic! I made them exactly as described. Thanks for the "just use 1T out of the 1/2c of brown sugar" tip. I still thought they were sweet (but not too sweet).
Wonderful savory and sweet muffin - I used 1/2 cup whole wheat flour with great results. I may add some flax seeds next time to give the muffin more substance.
OMG, these are the best muffins I have EVER made. Super moist, the flavors are amazing! I made it exactly as written, and LOVE this!!! You will not be disappointed!
These were really good. I didn't like the cheese on top, though. The cheese stuck to the muffin cups, making them hard to open without them falling apart, the tough cheese top encouraged the fal...
Sounds strange,but I tried it anyways. They are delicious. I have now made them twice within a week.
I've been wanting to make these for awhile and I finally made them today! I wish I didn't wait so long to make them because these are delicious! Perfect for breakfast/brunch/snack! The flavours ...