Ingredients2 h 45 m servings 283 cals
- Pour both amounts of warm water into a bread machine and add butter, eggs, lemon extract, bread flour, sugar, and yeast in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select dough setting and start the machine.
- Grease 3 8-inch round cake pans.
- Remove dough when cycle is finished; cut dough into 3 equal-sized pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and place into a prepared cake pan; cover and let rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake loaves in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- I usually brush melted butter on top of each loaf and sprinkle with white sanding sugar.
Per Serving: 283 calories; 4.5 g fat; 50.4 g carbohydrates; 8.2 g protein; 43 mg cholesterol; 34 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Oh, this was so good! I added 1 tablespoon of lemon zest to bread machine. Taste was great. We toasted it this morning for breakfast!
Delicious sweet bread with a hint of lemon. Wasn't overly sweet, but still a good breakfast bread. We had it for our Easter brunch. I followed the directions exactly, except I used pie pans b...
Made this at my aunt's house- no lemons or lemon extract so I used 1 tsp anise oil and 1-1/2 tsp vanilla- It turned out great...I took dough from the machine and braided it lengthwise and placed...
I made half this recipe without a bread machine, proofing the yeast in the water with some of the sugar until foamy. I then added the remainder of the ingredients, mixing well, and kneading unt...