Ingredients45 m servings 330 cals
- Warm chicken broth and coconut milk together in a stockpot over medium heat; add chile sauce, lime juice, fish sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and kaffir lime leaves. Bring broth mixture to a low simmer until flavors have blended, about 15 minutes.
- Remove stockpot from heat and strain out ginger and lime leaves. Return broth mixture to the stockpot and bring to a simmer. Cook chicken in the simmering broth until no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms, onion, zucchini, lemongrass, and basil and simmer until onion softens, about 3 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- I pick up kaffir lime leave at an Asian market in Seattle and I've found that they keep really well in the freezer. You can also buy them online - fresh, dried, or powdered.
- I also sub fresh lemongrass with a squeeze of lemongrass paste, as fresh is not available in my local store.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 330 calories; 17 g fat; 20.8 g carbohydrates; 26.7 g protein; 61 mg cholesterol; 1318 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 15
This was amazing! Just like ordering from a thai restaurant. However, I did add about 1 tablespoon of salt and another can of unsweetened coconut milk to the soup to give it more flavor. Also le...
Okay, so I followed this pretty closely. I found some frozen kaffir lime leaves at the Asian market, and thawed them, which worked perfectly. I didn't have chicken, so I subbed some tofu. I just...
This is a very good recipe!! I found that if you use Thai basil (not regular or opal basil found in grocery store or nursery, only oriental markets) it DOES taste exactly like restaurant Tom Kh...
SO good! Had the devils own time trying to find kaffir lime leaves--finally went to a Thai restaurant, and they sold me some--this was the hit of the New Years Day bash!
it's almost there. I've begged my local Thai restaurant for their recipe and they wont give it up. This is the closest I've got so far. Btw, I used fresh mushrooms instead and after cooking the ...
Very flavorful. Pleasantly surprised. We missed the spicy hot so next time will add too it. But this was a great recipe. Thank you.
I made this for two families and everyone loved the flavor. Some did add some thai garlic chili sauce to add some heat. I did use fresh mushrooms instead of canned. A big hit!