Whole Grain Apple and Herb Stuffing
made it | 0 reviews |
"Lighten up your stuffing recipe by using whole grain bread, olive oil, dried fruit and apples."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 270 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place bread cubes on two baking sheets in single layer. Bake 15 minutes, stirring several times, until golden brown; remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, heat broth in small saucepan over high heat. Add cherries; remove from heat. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and apples; cover. Cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Place broth with cherries and onion-apple mixture in large bowl. Stir in bread cubes and herbs; season with salt and pepper. Add pecans if desired. Transfer into 3-quart casserole or 9x13-inch baking dish; cover with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes; remove foil. Bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes until top is slightly browned.
- One serving contains 14g whole grains.
Per Serving: 270 calories; 14 g fat; 33.2 g carbohydrates; 4.2 g protein; < 1 mg cholesterol; 363 mg sodium. Full nutrition