Ingredients1 h 55 m servings 291 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 24 cupcake cups with paper liners.
- Beat cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs in a mixing bowl using an electric mixer, on low speed until mixture is moistened, 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium and beat until batter is smooth, 2 more minutes. Fill prepared cupcake cups about 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake cupcakes in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean, 18 to 23 minutes. Remove cupcakes from oven and turn oven heat up to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Let cupcakes cool.
- Spread coconut into a large, shallow baking pan or onto a baking sheet; toast in the hot oven until coconut is golden brown, about 7 minutes. Cool.
- Cut a piece out of the top of each cupcake to leave a hollow depression about 1/2 inch deep and 1 1/2 inches across. Discard cut-out portions. Frost cupcakes with chocolate frosting and cover frosting with toasted coconut. Place 3 egg-shaped candies in the small depression on top of each cupcake.
Per Serving: 291 calories; 16.4 g fat; 35.5 g carbohydrates; 3.1 g protein; 24 mg cholesterol; 229 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
They're adorable, but there is a typo! "Discard cut-out portions"??! Are you crazy? Lol. It SHOULD read: Cook enjoys the spoils. :-)
ADORABLE and DELICIOUS! I used a yellow cake mix...Can't wait to make these for the kids for Easter~YUM! Thanks for sharing. :)
Super cute! I used strawberry jam instead of frosting because I filled the cupcakes with strawberry jam and the frosting just seemed like too much. The toasted coconut is a wonderful idea!
A Big Hit! I made this pretty much exactly by the recipe and found it easy to follow. The only exception is that I made both chocolate and vanilla cupcakes according to directions on the boxes...
These were absolutely delicious. I thought I might have burned the coconut but the darker the better!