Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients10 h 35 m servings 481
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9x13-inch casserole)
- Spray a deep 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Lay bread pieces into bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir sausage in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Spread sausage over bread.
- Whisk eggs, cream of celery soup, and milk together in a bowl until mixture is smooth. Spread 1 package of Cheddar cheese over sausage; pour egg mixture over the cheese. Spread remaining package of Cheddar cheese over the top of the casserole. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake casserole in the preheated oven until set, about 45 minutes; remove foil covering and continue baking until cheese topping is browned, about 15 more minutes. Let casserole stand 10 minutes before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- I usually use an aluminum throw-away pan.
- Spread bread pieces onto baking sheets and let stand for 1 hour to reduce moisture, if possible. The more stale the bread, the better.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 481 calories; 30 26.2 25.9 256 1303 Full nutrition