Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 227
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 dozen muffins)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spread millet on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven, stirring often, until toasted and fragrant, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool, about 5 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups.
- Mix millet, flour, cornmeal, poppy seeds, 3 tablespoons sugar, lemon rind, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl.
- Whisk milk, honey, canola oil, egg, and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl. Stir milk mixture into flour mixture until just combined. Pour batter into the prepared muffin cups; sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar over batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean and tops are golden, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Amount of sugar and honey can be increased or decreased to achieve desired sweetness.
Per Serving: 227 calories; 6.7 37 4.8 17 154 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I used spelt flour instead of all-purpose flour ,soy milk instead of cow's milk, and just eliminated the sugar. This made great muffins with a crunch! I'll be making these again!