Gourmet Pub Burgers
Ingredients50 m servings 445
- Mix ground beef, bread crumbs, shallot, Dijon mustard, egg, garlic, salt, and black pepper together in a large bowl. Refrigerate mixture to incorporate flavors, 20 minutes to 2 hours.
- Form ground beef mixture into 6 patties.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat; lay pancetta slices in a single layer in the hot skillet. Cook until pancetta begins to sweat, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove pancetta from skillet and keep warm.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Cook patties on the preheated grill until burgers are cooked to your desired degree of doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-well burgers. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- Place 1 burger into each of the buns; top burger with a pancetta slice.
- Cook's Notes:
- Pancetta is very salty; try low-sodium bacon as an alternative. I make my own soft yeast dinner rolls to use as buns for these burgers. The slightly denser bun is much more appealing than a mushy store-bought bun.
- Can also be made into sliders by using smaller buns and patties. Recipe makes 15 sliders.
Per Serving: 445 calories; 23 31 26.2 103 781 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
I tried this and it really worked. I didn't have Dijon mustard or breadcrumbs so I used 1 tbsp of regular French's mustard and I had a bag of tortilla sweet potato chips which I crushed into "br...
Delicious! I followed the burger recipe to a T - they were juicy and had a great flavor and held together very well. I omitted the pancetta this time because I didn't have any on hand, but will ...
Created, and posted! These were too tasty not to make again! I turned them into little sliders, about 50 grams each for the patties or 100 grams for regular burgers.
This was my first attempt at making my own burgers. I did not have dijon mustard, so I used the siracha mustard on hand. Wow! The burgers were juicy and flavorful. I may never buy frozen pat...
My family loved the burgers. We are not one for eating beef burgers so we tried all the same ingredients with minced turkey instead. Burgers were juicy and tasted amazing. The best burger we hav...