Ingredients8 h 20 m servings 236
- Rub chopped garlic and 1 teaspoon salt into pork chops.
- Place barley in slow cooker and top with pork chops. Cover with white mushrooms and chopped onion. Add chicken broth, water, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaf, salt and a few grinding of fresh black pepper.
- Set slow cooker to low. Cover and cook 8 hours.
- Cook's Note:
- I recommend placing pork with the garlic and salt in a glass dish overnight to really enhance the flavor of the pork, and start the cooking the following morning.
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 236 calories; 6.3 14.9 28.8 68 1077 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This was pretty good, especially for crock pot pork chops. They were very tender, and the barley was perfectly cooked. Instead of dicing the onion, I just left it whole so that my picky eaters c...
I made this recipe with 4 chops and there was not enough barley. Next time I will use one cup and perhaps add a cup of carrots the last hour. The pork chops fell apart like pulled pork. Should I...