Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 196 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 deep dish pie)
- Prepare and bake pie shell according to package directions for a baked pie shell. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk egg yolks, sugar and flour in a medium bowl.
- Heat milk and vanilla in saucepan until almost boiling. Remove from heat; add to egg mixture, 1/4 cup (50 mL) at a time whisking continuously, until all of milk has been added. Return custard to saucepan and cook over medium-low heat, whisking continuously, until custard has thickened to a consistency similar to pudding (5-7 minutes). Place plastic wrap directly onto surface of custard (this prevents a 'skin' from forming). Set aside to cool completely.
- Spoon cold custard into baked pie shell and top with sliced fruit.
- Serve the same day of making. Refrigerate any leftovers.
- Before serving, sprinkle with a dusting of icing sugar.
Per Serving: 196 calories; 9.3 g fat; 23.1 g carbohydrates; 4.3 g protein; 59 mg cholesterol; 85 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1