Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 129
Original recipe yields 48 servings (4 dozen cookies)
- Soak raisins in a bowl of warm water until plump, about 30 minutes. Drain and pat raisins dry with a towel.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat butter and both sugars with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Beat the first egg into the butter until completely blended; beat vanilla extract in with the second egg.
- Combine oats, flour, walnuts, coconut, five-spice powder, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Stir egg mixture into oat mixture until well mixed. Fold in raisins and mix until just incorporated.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Chinese Five Spice is typically a blend of anise, clove, ginger, fennel seed, and cinnamon. You can find recipes to make your own, or buy it packaged in the Asian section of your supermarket.
Per Serving: 129 calories; 6.2 17.6 1.7 18 69 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I made my own brown sugar. ( 1 cup sugar and 1/4 cup molasses mixed together ) Add 1/2 cup flour and 1 teaspoon baking soda. Very good cookies! They do stick a bit but just let them cool a bit a...