A Tangy Braised Chuck Steak
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 316
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place beef chuck steak on a work surface and pound with a meat mallet to tenderize steak; flip steak and repeat on other side. Cut steak into 6 to 8 pieces.
- Heat olive oil in an oven-safe Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Season both sides of steak pieces with salt; coat with a thin layer of flour.
- Cook steak in the hot oil until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Remove steak from Dutch oven. Pour beef stock and 1/4 cup reserved artichoke juice into the Dutch oven, scraping any brown bits of food from the bottom. Mix artichokes, red peppers, green chiles, horseradish, and capers into broth mixture; bring to a boil. Return beef to broth mixture in Dutch oven and cover.
- Place Dutch oven in the preheated oven; bake until meat is tender, 45 to 60 minutes. Allow steak to cool in Dutch oven for 15 minutes before serving.
Per Serving: 316 calories; 20 16.5 17.5 51 752 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Yummm! I added a whole can of diced chilis and used a red bell pepper cut up rather than roasted peppers. I must say this isn't a pretty dish but so tender and good!