Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 580
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 stuffed peppers)
- Heat olive oil and coconut oil in a skillet over low heat; cook and stir onions in the hot oil until tender and golden brown, about 1 hour. Remove caramelized onions from pan.
- Increase heat under skillet to medium-high heat. Sprinkle Chinese five-spice powder over turkey. Cook and stir turkey in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, about 10 minutes.
- Mix coconut milk, water, rice, caramelized onions, and pineapple into the ground turkey. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until rice is tender, about 25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil; cook red bell pepper halves in the boiling water until slightly softened, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Arrange red bell pepper halves in the prepared casserole dish; spoon turkey mixture into each half. Top each stuffed pepper with a slice of pepper jack cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 20 minutes.
Per Serving: 580 calories; 29.4 48.7 30 96 297 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
These were pretty good, but the flavor was not unique enough to warrant the 2 hours+ it took to cook in my opinion. Somehow my rice took longer to cook than directed and I had to keep adding mor...