Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 10 m servings 399 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Place cream, half-and-half and vanilla extract in large saucepan. Bring to a boil; remove from heat. Add chocolate; whisk until melted and smooth.
- Whisk egg yolks and 1/3 cup sugar in large mixer bowl. Gradually whisk in chocolate mixture.
- Pour mixture through fine sieve into six 4-ounce ramekins or custard cups. Place ramekins in 13 x 9-inch baking dish; fill pan with hot water to 1-inch depth.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until custards jiggle slightly when pan is shaken. Cool custards in water until cool enough to handle. Remove custards from water; refrigerate for 2 hours. Cover with plastic wrap; continue to refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Preheat broiler. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon sugar over tops of each custard. Place custards on baking sheet. Broil for 3 minutes or until sugar is melted and caramelized (rotate pan as needed to prevent burning). Alternately, tops can be caramelized using kitchen torch. Refrigerate for 2 hours so that the topping can harden and the custard can cool and set.
- *Instead of 1 (4 oz.) baking bar, you can substitute 2/3 cup NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels.
Per Serving: 399 calories; 28.9 g fat; 26.8 g carbohydrates; 5.1 g protein; 206 mg cholesterol; 37 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Made this for one of our family's Thanksgiving desserts. Was very chocolate flavored and tasted great.