Risotto with Truffle and Parmesan
Ingredients50 m servings 499
- Heat chicken broth in a stockpot over medium-low heat until warmed.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and olive oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pan; cook and stir onion in the melted butter-oil mixture until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add rice to onion mixture and stir to coat; cook and stir rice mixture until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Pour wine into rice mixture; cook and stir until liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Add 1 ladle of hot chicken broth to rice mixture, stirring constantly, until broth is absorbed. Continue adding 1 ladle of broth at a time until rice is tender but firm to the bite, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Mix 2 tablespoons butter, truffle oil, Parmesan cheese, and milk into risotto until fully incorporated; season with salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Cook's Note:
- If you run out of stock and the rice is not done, finish cooking with hot water.
Per Serving: 499 calories; 21.5 60.6 8.7 34 1127 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 34
Excellent. Even Hubs, who is not a fan of either risotto or Parmesan scarfed this right up. Patience is key to a great risotto in my opinion. Low, slow cooking, adding the broth ladle by lad...
Truffles, Parmesan, risotto...what can be wrong? Answer, nothing! This was awesome! Thanks for the recipe!
This was sinfully delicious, and reminded me of a risotto I enjoyed on my honeymoon in Venice. There's just nothing like a decadent, parmesan risotto! The aroma coming from the pan as it's coo...
This is a great recipe and I will definately make it again! I followed the recipe exactly - no deviations - & it turned out perfectly. It does take time and you must stay on top of the stirrin...
This was amazing. The truffle oil makes it and my hubs (who hates mushrooms) loved it. I did the exact recipe except I added minced garlic when incorporating the chicken broth to the mixture and...
This is my go-to recipe for risotto. I've tried a few adaptions, and they were all excellent. The favorite variation used seafood stock, half of the onion called for in original recipe, and one ...
My Husband LOVED this, and he hates rice. The only change I made was to sauté some mushrooms before hand, and added them in with the cheese.
I had never made risotto before and I wanted to find a good basic recipe. Although time consuming, as I expected it to be, this is so good and creamy and exactly what I was looking for! I left...