Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 330
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Cut one end off each zucchini. Use a small scoop to scoop the flesh from the zucchinis, leaving shells. Discard the flesh.
- Mix chopped round steak, rice, nutmeg, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl. Lightly stuff the steak mixture into the zucchinis, making sure to leave about 1 inch of space for the rice to expand; if you don't, the zucchini will burst which still tastes good but doesn't look as nice.
- Place the zucchinis in a large pot; add tomato soup and stewed tomatoes. Place a plate on top of the zucchinis to prevent them from bouncing around once the sauce is boiling.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook at a simmer until the rice is fully cooked, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Mixing half zucchini and half yellow squash makes it even prettier!
Per Serving: 330 calories; 7 46.6 22.7 40 485 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Very tasty and authentic. I didn't have a small scoop so I used a butter knife and gently twisted the tip into the zucchini and it cored it out perfectly. I had to use more tomato soup and stewe...