Roasted Pepper and Asiago Chicken Sausage Fresh Tomato Bruschetta
made it | 0 reviews |
al fresco all natural
"Toasted baguette rounds are topped with a tasty slice of chicken and a spoonful of fresh herb and tomato bruschetta mixture."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 170 cals
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the diced tomatoes, minced garlic, chopped herbs, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, 2 tbs of olive oil, and chopped red onion. Season with salt, sugar and black pepper.*
- Brush the French bread slices lightly with the remaining 3 tbs of olive oil and lightly toast under the broiler (about 5 - 6" from broiler unit). Toast can burn quickly, so keep a watchful eye on this process.
- Meanwhile, spray a skillet with cooking spray and grill the al fresco Roasted Pepper & Asiago Chicken Sausages over medium high heat until nicely browned. Slice each link on the diagonal into 8 pieces.
- Top each toast point with a slice of the chicken sausage, followed with a spoonful of bruschetta, and garnish with fresh oregano and a small shaving of Asiago Cheese.
- Serve immediately.
- *Make the bruschetta topping a few hours in advance for the savory flavors of the herbs and seasonings to marinate.
Per Serving: 170 calories; 7.1 g fat; 18.9 g carbohydrates; 7.8 g protein; 18 mg cholesterol; 335 mg sodium. Full nutrition