Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 584
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Generously grease a 10-inch fluted tube pan (such as a Bundt(R)).
- Beat yellow cake mix, vanilla pudding mix, eggs, vegetable oil, and water in a bowl with an electric mixer to make a smooth batter, about 2 minutes. Stir grated chocolate and chocolate chips into batter and pour into prepared tube pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean, 50 to 55 minutes. Let cool completely in the pan before turning out onto a cake plate.
- Cook's Notes:
- I found the easiest way to grate the chocolate bar is by chopping it with a large knife. It will just shave right off.
- Note from my sister-in-law: This has been a family favorite for as long as I can remember. However, Marc's introduction to this yummy dessert has become a funny story that I must share. Shortly after Marc and I started dating, my mom packaged up several slices of this yummy cake for me to take back to my dorm room at the University of Arkansas. She sent enough for me to share with Marc (this would be his first time to try my mom's cake). As soon as I got back to school that Sunday afternoon, my mom called to ask if we'd eaten any of the cake yet. She was in a panic because she had just realized that one of her blender blades was broken and missing! (She'd used the blender to chop the German chocolate bar!). So we carefully ate our cake, and sure enough, Marc's piece contained the missing blender blade! Who knew at that point that Marc would be her future son-in-law, but we now joke that she was trying to scare him off early!
Per Serving: 584 calories; 36.1 65.5 5.9 63 432 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
This is a beautiful, moist,and easy cake. I found a bag of Nestle's Mini Morsels. They are smaller than mini chips and stay put and don't sink to the bottom. Found them at Walmart I cut the mo...
This recipe has been in our family for years too! The only difference is that we use milk instead of water. It's a super easy cake that everyone raves about. We top it with powdered sugar...it's...
A nice dense, moist cake. I too used the mini Morsals, and only about half the 12 oz. bag. I finished it with the "easy chocolate bundt cake glaze" recipe. Very Good.
This was an easy and delicious cake to make. I have made it twice but didn’t have the right chocolate either time. The first time I ground up unsweetened chocolate, and the second time I ground ...
I made this recipe using all ingredients from Aldi! This cake is so delicious and have already had numerous request to make it again! Per another suggestion, I also used the chocolate bundt ca...
This recipe will be my go-to cake for when I want something chocolate-y but not overwhelmingly so. I made the cake as directed and it turned out perfectly. Took it to a faculty potluck and it...
I baked this cake as is and everyone loved it! So moist and chocolately. I also tried to make a pistachio version by just replacing the vanilla pudding with pistachio pudding but the chocolate c...
This recipe is awesome, and oh so versatile!! The first time I made it as written, but have since made it 3 other times changing out flavors and additions, every one of which was a big hit!! I...