Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 157
Original recipe yields 40 servings (1 11x17-inch pan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Whisk egg yolks, vegetable oil, and 1 cup sugar in a bowl until thoroughly combined; stir matzo cake meal and potato starch into egg yolk mixture to make a workable dough. Press dough into an 11x17-inch baking pan. Transfer apricot jam to a bowl and stir until spreadable; spoon jam onto crust and spread in an even layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Beat egg whites in a bowl until frothy, using an electric mixer. Gradually beat in 1 cup sugar and cinnamon until meringue forms glossy, sharp peaks. Fold walnuts into meringue and spread over jam layer, covering jam and crust completely.
- Return to oven and bake until meringue is lightly golden brown and crust is set, about 20 more minutes. Let cool completely before cutting into squares with a sharp knife. As you cut, you might want to wash the sharp knife every once in awhile, as the meringue sticks to the knife.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- For thicker squares, use a 9x13-inch pan.
- Will stay stored in a tin for the entire week.
Per Serving: 157 calories; 7.9 21.4 1.5 19 11 Full nutrition