Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 442
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 5x9-inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
- Beat banana, sugar, butter, and shortening together until smooth; mix in eggs. Stir fresh orange zest, dried orange peel, nutmeg, and vanilla extract into mixture. Gradually stir flour into moist ingredients. Fold chocolate and lavender into batter. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle coarse sugar crystals over batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Cook's Note:
- Best made the evening before serving. Be sure to preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sanding sugar always gives your baked goods that fresh, Sunday morning bakery goodness.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 442 calories; 27 48.1 5.6 68 253 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I made this for my family at Easter and it came out terrific. The only substitution I made was vegetable oil for the shortening. Can't wait to make and share it again.
I changed the recipe for family preferences, so used spelt flour, honey instead of sugar, oil instead of butter and shortening, and dark cocoa instead of the chocolate. WOW! This is a sophisti...