Quick Currant Scones
Ingredients1 h servings 326
- Pulse flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a food processor. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles oatmeal. Transfer to a bowl.
- Stir cream into flour mixture until just combined. Fold currants into dough. Transfer dough to a sheet of plastic wrap; fold to completely cover dough. Shape dough into a 1-inch thick disk and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon mat.
- Unwrap dough and cut into 8 wedges. Arrange wedges on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes.
Per Serving: 326 calories; 18.8 35.7 4.5 56 110 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This recipe was too dry. After more than 30 minutes it did not set. I had to add more cream to keep it together. I ended up cooking them in a pie dish to keep from crumbling. I also had to c...
At first bite, I thought these were good but average. However the more I ate, the more I appreciated the texture and flavor. Plan to use more cream than stated in the recipe to combine the ing...