Ingredients2 h 20 m servings 517
- Whisk rice wine and cornstarch together in large bowl. Add ground pork, 2 tablespoons green onion, soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil, and sugar; stir until well combined and paste-like, about 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place about 1 tablespoon pork mixture in the middle of a wonton wrapper. Brush edges with beaten egg and pinch edges to seal, creating a small pouch. Repeat with remaining wonton wrappers and pork mixture. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add bok choy, snap peas, carrot, and 2 tablespoons green onion, cover, and steam until tender, 2 to 6 minutes. Remove and distribute evenly among 4 soup bowls.
- Place wontons in steamer basket and steam until pork is no longer pink inside, about 10 minutes. Remove and place in soup bowls alongside vegetables.
- Heat chicken broth and water in a saucepan until hot, 5 to 7 minutes. Pour hot broth mixture evenly into soup bowls atop vegetables and wontons. Sprinkle 1/4 cup chopped green onion evenly over each bowl.
Per Serving: 517 calories; 16.1 58.7 32.4 106 846 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 17
I would not steam the veggies and wontons separately. Poach them in the broth and the broth will have a more complex flavor. Overall - this is a nice fresh meal.
Love it !!! Soo delicious !! And would definitely recommend it!
I tried this last night as is and it was as good as any wonton soup I have ever had. Really like that there was a lot of veggies.
No subsitutions. This is an amazing recipe. I was intimidated at first as someone who hasn't cooked Asian food very often, but this turned out fantastic! The dumplings had a savory, complex flav...
I have made wonton soup many times but this will be my go to recipe from now on! Fantastic with all the veggies in it! I swapped ground chicken for pork (my daughter doesn't eat pork) and adde...
made this soup only changed chicken stock to veggie stock and put shrimp in the wontons veeeery good
This is the first time I've made wonton soup and I'm happy to say this recipe was great! The wontons tasted just like they came from any good restaurant.