Ingredients2 h 10 m servings 299 cals
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Place pie shell in a 9-inch pie dish.
- Heat caramels and 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk together in a saucepan over low heat until caramels are melted, 3 to 5 minutes. Spread caramel mixture into the bottom of pie shell.
- Heat margarine and chocolate together in a saucepan over low heat until melted and smooth, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Beat eggs, remaining sweetened condensed milk, water, vanilla extract, and salt together in a large bowl until smooth. Stir chocolate mixture into egg mixture; pour over caramel mixture. Top pie with pecans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until center of pie is set, about 35 minutes. Cool pie for 1 hour at room temperature. Chill in refrigerator.
- TURTLES® is a registered trademark of DeMet's Candy Company.
Per Serving: 299 calories; 17.4 g fat; 32.9 g carbohydrates; 5.6 g protein; 43 mg cholesterol; 204 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
My dad used to make this pie. When he passed away, the recipe went MIA. I was so pleased to find a recipe! It turned out amazingly delicious!
About cooking the caramels: cook these over low heat, and stir them almost constantly. If you don't, they can burn and stick. Remove the pan immediately from heat as soon as the caramels are alm...
It's a delicious pie. Is is that it needs a 10 inch pie pan mind overflowed.