Ingredients1 h servings 367
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray 5 mini loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Place bananas, vanilla extract, banana extract, and whiskey-honey liqueur into the work bowl of a stand mixer and mix well. Transfer banana mixture to a bowl. Beat butter, sugar, eggs, and bacon drippings in a clean bowl using stand mixer until butter mixture is fluffy, about 3 minutes. Stir banana mixture into butter mixture.
- Place bacon slices into a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Mix bacon into moist ingredients. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder on a large paper plate and use paper plate as a funnel to add flour mixture to moist ingredients in mixer bowl; beat until batter is thoroughly combined. Pour batter into prepared mini loaf pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a loaf comes out clean or with moist crumbs, about 45 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- I know sugar is not a wet item...blame the Jack Daniel's®. Add a caramel-Jack-honey sauce to make these even better!
Per Serving: 367 calories; 17.5 46.8 4.7 87 412 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
Made into one loaf ... Delicious!!!
I really really wanted to like these. I tried the recipe twice, but the bourbon flavor got lost both times even after I added more. The original recipe is too sweet and overpowers the bacon pe...
Had no idea this had been published... thanks!! I found the readers' reviews very helpful. Note I do add honey to the banana mixture now, and I don't ever skip the banana extract or the flavor ...
I'm the only one who has tasted this so far and I find it hard to rate. I don't love it but don't hate it. I only made one change to the recipe by using all vanilla extract. I did not want to...
Just made this and it is SO GOOD! I substituted the butter for yogurt and use gluten free all purpose flower.
Whiskey, bananas and bacon – as the submitter states “Just ALL kinds of wrong!” I was intrigued with this recipe since ‘It’s A New Day’ pointed it out. I went to the liquor store and purchase...