My Favorite Stuffed Green Peppers
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 504
- Bring 2 1/2 cups water to a boil in a saucepan; add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Drizzle olive oil in a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Fill a separate saucepan with water and bring to a boil; add green bell peppers and simmer for 3 minutes. Transfer peppers to a bowl of ice water until peppers are cooled. Arrange peppers in the prepared casserole dish.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Return skillet to heat; mix onion and cooked rice into ground beef. Pour tomato sauce into ground beef mixture and stir to combine.
- Mix garlic, coriander, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper into ground beef mixture. Simmer until flavors have combined, 10 minutes. Remove from heat and spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons ground beef mixture into each bell pepper half. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over each filled pepper. Cover casserole dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and continue to bake until cheese is bubbling and melted, about 15 more minutes.
Per Serving: 504 calories; 23.8 39.1 34 93 674 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This needed just a hint of help to be 4 stars as it was lacking some flavor, so I'll give it the four because it IS better than a three star recipe and it's easy to fix. The issues are not enou...
This is the way our family likes stuffed peppers. We use red and yellow peppers but everything else is as the recipe states. Add a green salad and you have a nice meal.
Very good. I used rice a ronii instead of plain rice and sausage instead of hamburger.