Ingredients1 h servings 168
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion, bell pepper, garlic, and oregano in the hot oil until softened, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
- Pour water into a pot and bring to a boil; add polenta and a pinch of salt. Whisk and cook polenta until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spread and flatten polenta into a 9-inch pie plate, forming a crust. Cool to room temperature.
- Layer diced tomatoes into the cooled crust; top with onion mixture. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over filling.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 168 calories; 7 20 6.1 8 386 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I had some leftover polenta and wanted to use it up. I made it for my vegetarian husband. He wanted pineapple and mushrooms, so I added those. Also puréed a fresh tomato and topped it with moz...
I did not have instant polenta, so used cornmeal. It didn't thicken up real well, so next time I might use 1/4 cup less water if I'm using cornmeal. I love veggies, and could have stood many m...
This was great, I did jazz it up a bit. But I would never have come up with this idea myself, so thanks th the poster! I made my usually cheesy polenta for the crust. (2 c chicken broth (veggie...
This is fun to make and delicious. I don't usually have polenta on hand so I cooked 1/2 cup cornmeal in about 1 1/4 cup water so it would be stiff enough to make a pie crust. I did that a day ...