Honey Mustard Corned Beef Brisket and Cabbage
Ingredients3 h 55 m servings 607 cals
- Place corned beef with fat side down into a large slow cooker and pour enough water over corned beef to cover. Cook on High until beef is tender, about 3 hours.
- Place potatoes into a large pot, cover with water, and stir in salt to taste; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add cabbage, cover, and steam until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and stir honey and horseradish mustard into butter. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Place corned beef, fat side down, into a roasting pan. Pour half the honey-mustard sauce over brisket; broil until corned beef is golden brown, about 5 minutes. Serve corned beef with boiled potatoes and cabbage, topped with remaining honey-mustard sauce.
- Partner tip: Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 607 calories; 35.3 g fat; 57.7 g carbohydrates; 19.4 g protein; 129 mg cholesterol; 1387 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I've never been a big fan of corned beef & I only make it once a year for St. Patty's Day...but after trying this recipe, I will make it more often. YUM!! The only things I did differenty were t...
OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never cooked my cabbage/carrots/potatoes separate from the brisket before, but I doubt I will 'one pot' it ever again! the glaze was out of this worl...
I made this and it was the best Corned Beef I've ever made! I cooked the corned beef first. Removed it from the pot then cooked the cabbage in the remaining liquid. Added the sauce and cooked it...