Ingredients2 h 15 m servings 1235
- Mix olive oil, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, lemon zest and juice, orange zest and juice, garlic, salt, and black pepper together in a large resealable bag. Add hens, seal bag, and coat hens with marinade. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, flipping the bag 1 or 2 times to redistribute marinade.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Mix orange juice, soy sauce, honey, 1/4 cup Dijon mustard, onion, ginger, and black pepper together in a bowl.
- Remove hens from marinade and transfer to a roasting pan, discarding leftover marinade.
- Roast hens in the preheated oven for 50 minutes. Brush hens with orange glaze and roast for 5 more minutes. Flip hens, brush with more glaze, and roast until meat is no longer pink in the center, about 5 more minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the marinade ingredients. The actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 1235 calories; 56.4 129.2 59.6 302 5663 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
1.2.17 I had concerns that 450ºF was too high for this hen, so I cut it back to 425ºF, and the temperature still reached 170ºF (and I used an oven temperature probe) in about 32 minutes. Thes...
Delicious recipe. Wonderful flavours & easy to make. Impressive dish.
The taste was ok and it was moist. It had a nice brown crispy texture on top until I flipped it at the end and lost that crispiness in the juices so I would not flip it at the end. Not sure ...