Ingredients30 m servings 588
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir bell pepper and onion in hot butter until onion is translucent and pepper is tender, about 5 minutes. Add beef; cook and stir until the beef is hot, about 5 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Pour enough canola oil into a saucepan to reach about 1 inch deep; heat to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Arrange tortillas on a flat surface; place halves of cheese slices end to end lengthwise onto each tortilla. Layer an equal amount of steak mixture atop each cheese slice. Roll tortilla around filling as you would a burrito, with the sides tucked in to close the ends, forming chimichangas.
- Cook chimichangas in the hot oil until browned completely, about 5 minutes per side; drain on paper towels.
- Cook's Notes:
- Be sure the oil is properly heated so the tortillas will brown without soaking up excess oil. Or brush the tortillas with a small amount of butter and bake in the oven at 375 for about 5 minutes per side, until browned and crisp.
- Alternative cooking method: If you prefer to not fry the chimichangas, brush the tortillas with a small amount of melted butter and bake at 375 until browned and crisp.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 588 calories; 32.1 46.2 27.9 71 614 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
DELICIOUS! I had some leftover steak in the fridge and this recipe was a perfect use for it. I did season the steak/pepper/onion mixture w/ salt, pepper and garlic powder, just for a bit more fl...
It was okay, a little on the bland side. Next time I think I'll add some salt, a little more butter, and sauteed mushrooms.
These were KILLER. I used a combo of Swiss cheese and provolone, added mushrooms, and for the meat I used some thin cut sandwich steaks that were on sale, sliced into bite sized pieces. We inhal...