Croatian Dalmatian Pot Roast (Dalmatinska Pasticada)
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients11 h 50 m servings 821 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Stir red wine, sliced onions, red wine vinegar, and rosemary together in a large pot. Place beef in wine mixture, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and marinate in the refrigerator 8 hours to overnight.
- Remove meat from pot, pat roast dry, and reserve marinade in the pot. Cut four small slits in roast; insert garlic cloves into the slits.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook roast in hot oil until browned, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Stir tomato paste into reserved marinade in the pot. Transfer browned roast to the marinade. Mix prunes, carrots, celery root, bay leaf, cloves, salt, pepper, and paprika around roast. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat to low, stir in Prosecco, partially cover the pot, and simmer, adding water as necessary, until meat is tender, 3 to 6 hours.
- Cook's Note:
- You can marinate the roast in the wine mixture for up to 2 days.
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the marinade ingredients. The actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 821 calories; 17 g fat; 50.7 g carbohydrates; 70.8 g protein; 170 mg cholesterol; 625 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1