Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 14 m servings 182
Original recipe yields 35 servings (35 small bagels)
- Combine warm water and yeast in a large bowl; allow to dissolve, about 5 minutes.
- Stir honey, molasses, and cinnamon into the yeast; stir gently.
- Stir flour, raisins, and salt into the bowl with the yeast-honey mixture. Mix well; it will be crumbly. Knead until dough is smooth, about 10 minutes. Cover with a towel and allow dough to rest for 20 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of water to a low boil.
- Pinch off a 2-inch ball of dough and roll into a snake. Wrap it around with 4 fingers and gently pinch ends together to form a bagel shape. Repeat with remaining dough to make 25 to 45 bagels.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Place bagels in boiling water; cook for 2 minutes on each side. Remove from the water and place on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
- Cook's Notes:
- I love raisins, so I add a lot. However, you can adjust to 1 cup if you choose.
- Oil your measuring cup before you put the honey in it. It should slide right out.
Per Serving: 182 calories; 0.7 42.7 4.9 0 204 Full nutrition