Apple Crumb Pie for a Crowd
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 281
Original recipe yields 24 servings
- Combine 2 1/2 cups flour and salt in a large bowl. Cut 1/2 cup butter and shortening into flour until the mixture resembles crumbs.
- Mix egg, water, and white vinegar together in a separate bowl; pour in the crumb mixture and blend with a fork to form a dough ball. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Blend 1/4 cup flour into the melted butter. Stir water and brown sugar into the butter mixture until smooth; remove from heat.
- Roll chilled dough into a large rectangle on a flat surface dusted with flour; press into the bottom of an aluminum foil roasting pan and up the sides about an inch or more.
- Dump the sliced apples onto the crust and gently spread into an even layer. Drizzle the butter mixture over the apples.
- Pour apple crisp mix into a bowl. Cut 1/2 cup butter into the mix; scatter over the apples.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 1 hour.
Per Serving: 281 calories; 16.9 32.8 2.4 38 147 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2